click here for my new blog
Several years ago I felt strongly impressed to "keep an eye on Turkey."
- ...that Turkey would become increasingly important in world events,
- that Turkey would play a critical role with both Israel and America in the future.
- that Turkey was in a sense hidden and was not being seen for what lies beneath the surface
You see the nice travel photos...come see the beautiful old mosaics and architecture of old Constantinople, aka Instanbul; walk in the steps of the Apostle Paul and visit the towns and cities of Bible times where he established the early churches of the New Testament. Learn about the Crusades and the great middle eastern civilization they wreaked havoc upon. Visit the glorious Byzantine cathedrals that inspired the Russian Czar to make Orthodox Christianity his state religion.
The old land the Greeks called ANATOLIA, the crossroads of the east, the old capitol of the Roman Empire, the Papal seat... impressive, rich, powerful with its imprint left in the antuque splendor of the Turkey of today.
Yet most people I know are virtually ignorant about the Turkey of today, which calls itself the sovreign Republic of Turkey.
YES, the land and its people are picturesque and worth visitng.
- but the time has come to monitor and be informed about the real Turkey.
foto ref: http://www.roadturkey.com/
TURKEY IS A BIGGER PLAYER THAN YOU THINK
DID YOU KNOW that Turkey has a larger standing army than any nation in Europe...all forces number in excess of 1,000,000 -and it is modern and well-trained!
- that Turkey has a large population, larger than any European nation except Germany
- that Turkey has a memory of recent world empire, and a national bent toward world conquest
- that Turkey is the cradle of humanity (the site of Mt Ararat for Noah's ark and the earliest known human agricultural sites)
- that Turkey was a cradle for Christianity. All 7 churches of the Book of Revelation were there.
- that Turkey is currently in great throes of change. Its old secular, pro-western, pro-Israel government is rapidly evaporating in favor of a fundamentalist Muslim rule
- that the word "genocide" was first coined in Turkey...for its treatment of non Muslims...up until last century, Turkey for centuries had a great population of Christians and many Jews.
- that Turkey has now banned Google, Facebook, and YouTube.
EXCELLENT FILM OF TRAIN RIDE ACROSS TURKEY -- you can view it right here - right now
You can ewatch a wonderful free video about Turkey at this link (just click here).
It is a safe site; no viruses, etc.
IT HAS A GREAT NARRATIVE BY FILM MAKER ROBERT HOF as he tells his experience travelling by train across the length of modernday Turkey.
Length of film: about 50 min.
If you press the little rectangle in the bottom right of the control panel of the little movie screen, the screen will expand to fill your whole compuetr screen.